|Strictly USA Newsletter: May 2012|
This month we have Moms Day gift ideas, new products, New Balance running shoes, Strictly news and some very interesting "by the numbers". Here goes:
It's May, the weather is warming up and wow, Mothers Day is almost upon us. Here are a few ideas for Made in the USA gifts for Mom.
- A nice compact Fisher Space pen for her purse--writes anywhere, even underwater. Available in several colors, chrome and black.
- A great made in USA stuffed animal...choose from all these cute critters
- How about American made kitchen knives? We have tomato slicers, 2 sizes of paring knives and utility/ steak knives. A sharpener is also available.
- Won't Mom be stoked with some Preserve Product kitchen stuff? Check out our cutting boards, measuring cups and mixing bowls. Bright colors, very high quality and durable.
- How about a book "Remade in America" authored by a successful Made in USA entrepreneur?
|NEW PRODUCT: American Beauty T-Shirts--Carmela and Lori from American Beauty are firm believers in the made in America cause. They have great looking American Beauty Womens tees (comfortable and great fitting). We have some totes too. Made in USA of course. Several customers have already raved about these shirts. |
STRICTLY USA NEWS
Strictly USA will tentatively have a booth at the Colorado Experience Expo to be held June 22-24 2012 at the Western National Conference center here in Denver, CO. The focus if this event is Made in Colorado products and companies. I think Strictly USA will fit right in...don't you?
PRODUCT: Bully Tools long handled garden tools. All 100% made in USA. Very
high quality. You'll have a lot of Americans backing you up when you
shovel dirt or mulch or fix your sprinkler heads.|
RUNNING SHOES--THANK YOU NEW BALANCE!
I often get the question: are any running, athletic or sports shoes made in the USA? 99.99% of all athletic shoes sold in the US are made in China or Vietnam, etc. However, hats off to NEW BALANCE--they DO make several running and walking shoe models Made In USA and several other models which are Assembled in USA. There is a difference as the MIU standard is much more strict. Alex, the prez of Strictly USA, recently bought some honest-to-goodness Made In USA New Balance 1060 running shoes at Boulder Running Company in Greenwood Village, CO. The price would rank about 70th percentile of all running shoes out there. In other words 30% of other (foreign made) shoes would cost more. The NB's are great and the quality is outstanding.
Thanks to NB for keeping factories open and Americans working!
TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW BALANCE FACTORY VIDEO: Click the "made in usa" video link at the top of the page.
BY THE NUMBERS:
16,000,000,000,000- Latest United States National Debt in US $$
50,000- Per person share of national debt in US $$
700,000,000,000- US Trade Deficit in 2011 in US $$
13,000- Lost American Jobs for every $1 Billion in trade deficit
2.6- The US unemployment rate if we had back all those jobs lost in the last 10 years (in %)